Once you have bad sectors on a disk it’s not really possible to fix them. What you can do though is have Windows mark those sectors as invalid and attempt to repair any data that’s already in them. Chkdsk.exe will do that for us and it’s pretty easy.
- Click the Windows Globe on the bottom left (Start).
- Click All Programs.
- Click Accessories.
- Right Click Command Prompt and click run as Administrator.
- In the black command prompt window type chkdsk c: /r
- Press Enter.
- Type Y to the reboot question.
- Chkdsk will now check the hard drive for bad sectors and attempt to recover/fix the data in those bad sectors.
Please be aware that if your hard drive is developing bad sectors then total disk failure may be imminent.