Answer: This message is probably alerting you to the fact that your PC has low virtual memory (a.k.a – the page file is too small). Low physical RAM messages do not present themselves as a popup message. Anyway, here’s how you can resolve your “low on memory” alert message.
(These instructions are for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8)
- Right click your desktop
- Click Personalize
- Click Change Desktop Icons (near top left)
- Check Computer then click apply.
- Click OK to close this window
- Right click the “computer” icon on your desktop
- Click properties
- Click advanced system settings
- Click performance
- Click advanced
- On the virtual memory section click change
- Uncheck Automatically …
- Select the custom size radio button
- Enter in 4000 for the initial and 4000 for the max (this is assuming that you have at least 6 GB (6000 MB) free.
- Click set and then click ok
- Click apply and then click ok
You can make 1 pagefile per partition/disk.