Answer: Closing a Windows 8 application (program) is not something that’s intuitive (at least not yet for us).
Like me, you’re probably used to clicking that little red x in the top right corner, this isn’t the case in Windows 8.
Here’s how to close a Windows 8 application. It’s actually only a few steps. In this example I have opened the Windows 8 weather app and now I want to close it and get back to my start menu (tiles)
- With the Windows 8 program open move your cursor to the top of the program (top of your screen).
- Your pointer will turn into a hand.
- Click and hold down the left mouse button. The hand closes.
- Drag your mouse down while holding the left mouse button.
- Drag the window all the way to the bottom. This closes the application and you’re back to your start menu (with all the tiles).