Few things are more annoying (or scarier) than forgetting your Windows password. Without your Windows password your PC is nothing more than a door stop. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to reset your current unknown windows password to just a blank password which will allow you to login to Windows once again.
Please note – I’ve placed a step-by-step video after step 23 (the last step) in case you don’t want to read…
What You’ll Need
- Another PC or MAC with a CD/DVD Burner.
- A copy of the password reset software.
- An .iso burner. In this tutorial I’ll use imgburn.
- On another PC with a DVD/CD burner download the password reset software.
- Next download imgburn. Double click ImgBurn to install it. Make sure you uncheck “Install Ask Toolbar”, we don’t need that crap installed.
- Next we need to extract the file cd110511.zip. Double click the .zip file. Inside the zip file there will be a file called cd110511.iso. Drag this file to your desktop.
- Open ImgBurn (the program we just installed in step 2).
- Click the first button “Write Image File to Disc”.
- On the next screen click source (little folder icon with magnifying glass). Select the cd110511.iso file. Click Burn.
- After the disc is burned put that disc into the computer that needs the password reset.
- Shut off the computer.
- Now we need to boot to the disc we just burned. This involves accessing your BIOS or Boot Menu as soon as your computer starts. We either need to tell the BIOS to boot to the CD/DVD first or use one of the function keys to access the boot manager (for example – F12 allows you to access the Dell bootmanager).
- Once you’re able to boot to the disc you’ll see something like the image below:
- Press Enter.
- Next, either press 1 or enter.
- Just press enter to accept the default location
- Now press 1 for password reset. Press enter.
- Press 1 for edit usernames and passwords. Press enter.
- Type the username that you’d like to reset. In my case I forgot the windows password for mrizos, so I’ll type that. Press enter.
- Type 1. Press Enter.
- Next type q to quit this part.
- After that type y to write changes.
- Now type N to not run this process again.
- Ok, done. You can press ctrl-alt-del or simply shut off your computer and then turn it back on.
- Your password has been reset to an empty (blank) password.
- Enjoy life again!
If this tutorial helped you please give it a like!